Easy staging tricks –
- Show your home in a good weather so you have good light.
- Show your home at low traffic times so the neighborhood seems quieter.
- Mow your lawn and clip the hedges.
- Plant flowers that are in bloom.
- Touch up dried or damaged paint spots on the outside.
- Repair fencing and paint or stain it to give a new look.
- Update your cabinet and door hardware.
- Touch up or repaint where necessary.
- Remove blinds from windows that have a nice view and good light.
- Set out potoourri or light some candles to give a fresh scent.
- Remove your pets from the home before showing it.
- Clear out or organize closets- storage space is a selling point.
- A master bedroom should appeal to both sexes. When you are selling, your master bedroom should appeal to buyers of both sexes. Get rid of features that seem too gender-specific.
Quick staging facts-
- Sellers who spent an average $500 on staging received returns of investment of more than 343%
- Homes stay on the market an average of just 45 days when staged, as opposed to 102 days when left as is.
- It’s estimated that only 10% of people viewing homes can visualize their full potential.
- The average homebuyer forms a firm “YES-NO” opinion within 15 seconds of entering a home.
- On average, a buyer will spend just five minutes in a vacant home, compared to 40 minutes in a finished home.
Trendy home upgrades
Highest return :
123.0% – Entry door replacement
101.2%- Deck addition
85.8% – Bathroom remodel
87.4 % – New Deck
84.3% – Attic Bedroom
84.3%- Garage Door
82.7% – Minor kitchen remodel
79.3 %- Window replacement
Lowest return :
48.9%- Home office
51.7%- Sunroom add
60.1%- Bathroom add
67.5%- Backup power
67.3%- Master add